Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cocoa Oatmeal Muffins

A baking post to mix it up.

Looking for a way to use up some pantry ingredients, I found this recipe online & veganised it.

Cocoa Oatmeal Muffins
  • 1 1/4 cups plain flour (I used half wholemeal, half normal)
  • 1 cup caster sugar (you could use half applesauce, half sugar, or another natural sweetener like agave syrup)
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 TBS baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 egg replacers (I used Orgran)
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup Nuttelex, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup nuts, chopped finely (I used walnuts)
Preheat the oven to 170C & grease a 12 hole muffin tin. Stir together flour, sugar, oats, cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl.

Beat egg replacer, soy milk, Nuttelex and vanilla together in a small bowl. Add wet mixture and nuts to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.

Spoon the batter into the tin bake 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

I've lost the photo of these muffins so you'll just have to take my word for it - they're awesome. Chocolatey, wholesome (if you use wholemeal flour & natural sweeteners) & no-fail so far. Also a real crowd pleaser - I took multiple batches of these to work & they always got eaten on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment