Sunday, April 13, 2008

Social Bookmarking

I have used Del.icio.us before, but then kind of gave up - but now that I have read a bit more I think I will make the effort to continue using it. I particularly like the way the AskNow service is utilising it - this is a really good example of how libraries can harness the technology and provide more value-added services for our customers.

Not too sure how I feel about Technorati, I can see that it could be useful, but I'll have to do a bit more research to see how I could use it myself.

I also already had a LibraryThing account. I had noble ambitions about 6 months ago and thought about adding my own bookshelf, but then I got lazy. Now I just use it to sticky beak about what others are reading and talking about. I think LibraryThing is doing good things for reading in general. It's a great tool for book-clubs and could be used to create online book-clubs - stretching beyong the physical limitations. Of course it's also an excellent readers advisory tool for librarians.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all need to try out the technologies and run with the ones that grab us, either professionally or personally. That's what we hope to do with Learning 2.0.

    I'm glad you're enjoying discovering!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete