Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pearl Oyster the second

A couple of weekends ago, we returned to Pearl Oyster (here's the first blog visit). The specials board wasn't looking very vegan-friendly, so I spent a long time looking through the regular menu. The only thing that caught my eye was the Avocado Baguette, but since I ate that last time, I was determined to get something different.

In the end I went with the marinated mushrooms on toast. I wasn't really in the mood for mushrooms (for some reason, the taste of mushrooms can sometimes make me feel quite sick - I wonder if other people feel that too?). These turned out to be field mushrooms & came with some lovely roasted spring onions, garlic, rocket & lemon.As always, the service was outstanding, the coffee even better & the food was divine. Thank you Pearl Oyster, you make me very happy - but I would be even happier if you moved to Yarraville :-)

Pearl Oyster

114 Miller St, Thornbury
Mon,Wed-Sat 8am-4:30pm; Sun 9am-4pm

2 comments:

  1. I find that mushrooms can be too intense for me if served by themselves - though I have had them dome so nicely on occasion that I forget this. Maybe I should try the mushrooms at pearl oyster if I get to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the problem for me too - the Pearl Oyster ones were pretty strong, but the rocket balanced it out nicely.

    ReplyDelete