Friday, January 14, 2011

Salad, Rum Balls & Indian from a packet

I know, I know - I've been AWOL for a few weeks. I won't go into details - just that I really needed a break. What follows will be some quick catch-up posts so I can get on top of the back-log of food. This post is all about stuff I have bought.

First up - this is a salad I picked up when desperate for a quick lunch between job 1 & 2 a few weeks before Christmas.It's from Passionfoods in South Melbourne, a great organic grocer just at the back of the market. They sell all the usual stuff in terms of groceries, but also a range of prepared hot & cold meals. This one is the Organic Tofu Rice Noodle Salad with Pam Shoy & Sesame Tahini Dressing. Quite a mouthful to say and quite delicious to eat. All you can really see in the photo is the sesame seeds on top, but underneath the salad was filled with scrumptious tofu, crisp fresh vegetables & perfectly prepared noodles.

Moving on to dessert, we come to the Leda Chocolate Rum Balls.. I've seen these in the supermarket a number of times but they're a bit pricey so I've never bothered to buy a packet. The urge to impulse buy overtook me before Christmas though, so I finally got around to trying these.They were pretty good - extremely rich as you'd expect. They didn't blow me away & I still prefer the Leda biscuits - especially the Minton ones.

Finally, a supermarket purchase that didn't go so well. I've blogged about microwave Indian meals before. I usually prefer the Maharajas Choice ones but decided to try something new & went for the Tasty Bite Spinach Dal.You can probably tell from the photo that it wasn't the most appetising meal. The colour put me off & it tasted pretty bland, so I'd recommend staying away.

No comments:

Post a Comment