Thursday, July 15, 2010

Too tired to cook

Here is an example of one of the healthier meals I eat sometimes when I'm too tired to cook. On Wednesday nights I work my second job after my regular job, so by the time I get home I'm always exhausted, starving & in no mood for food preparation. I've been eating these Indian microwave dinners for a few years now - they're quite good, actually, sometimes even better than some of the local Indian takeaways (and much cheaper). I usually get the Dhal Tadka, but there are lots of other varieties. Not everything is vegan, but the ingredient lists are all simple - no chemical names and numbers, so it's easy to work out what's safe.

I think the dhal has deteriorated in quality though, it used to be thick & creamy, but now it's pretty much like a soup. I always have it with pappadums (good for scooping). I bought these organic Eaternal ones recently. I didn't like them as much as the regular ones I buy from the supermarket, but they did a nice job of scooping up the dhal, so can't complain too much :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment