Monday, July 26, 2010

How good is cauliflower!

Seriously! I don't know why, but I'm really loving it at the moment. Last night I made 'Spicy Cauliflower & Potatoes' from The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook. This was fantastic - so tasty. The spice mix was simple - cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper & salt. The whole lot was sauteed in peanut oil & topped with cumin seeds & garlic fried in peanut oil until crunchy - I think the crunch was what made it so special.I served this with a side of cavalo nero cooked in salted water until soft, then mixed with a dash of olive oil & lemon juice. I saw this serving suggestion on a Jamie Oliver repeat on the weekend - perfect timing!

The meal overall could have done with one extra element (it's the protein thing again), but I was tired & feeling lazy so I just kept it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment