Friday, July 30, 2010

Ghostbusters = Innovative library marketing

Wow, I don't know how I missed this back in May. This is a fantastic marketing idea! I particularly like watching the reactions of the people in the library - some people are VERY suspicious (I think I would be too) - but it's still hilarious!


Here's the backstory:
Facing Cuts, NYPL turns to Improv Everywhere for Viral Advocacy Video American Libraries Magazine

I think we're really lucky in Australia - we just aren't subject to the same level of funding cuts and certainly aren't seeing whole library systems shut down practically overnight like they are in the US. Maybe it's just a matter of scale - more people = more cuts = greater impact? I'm sure it is also related to funding models - US libraries seem to be me much more reliant on private funding which is bound to cause problems in economic downturns. I don't have the answers and it's way too late in the week to try & analyse now - so just enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment