Thursday, July 8, 2010

The simple things

I was really looking forward to dinner tonight - veg sausages with roast potatoes & brussel sprouts. One of my challenges in the latest veg delivery was the sprouts - D hates them & I'm not much of a fan myself. I did some research today & the consensus seemed to be that the best way to serve them was roasted until crispy with olive oil, salt & pepper.

Challenge accepted! I loaded a tray with potatoes, sprouts, olive oil (plus a splash of garlic oil), salt, pepper & rosemary (the rosemary was just on the potatoes).



Baked them at about 200 degrees for 45mins -
so crispy!





Then I got the sausages out of the fridge & disaster struck - they weren't vegan! D had bought them for himself & since he's not vegan, hadn't noticed the 'parmesan' in the title. Anyway, D still cooked them up for himself (Bean Supreme Roast Red Onion & Parmesan for anyone interested).

I was a little upset, but contented myself with the potatoes & sprouts. A very basic dinner, but delicious nonetheless. Sometimes, it really is the simple things. And guess what... D ate all of his sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment