Saturday, July 10, 2010

Same old same old

Dinner time was approaching last night so I opened the fridge & it was looking pretty bare. All that was left in the veg crisper was 2 carrots & an enormous green capsicum left over from the last veg delivery (next one's due on Tuesday). Plus I had 1 huge onion & a block of firm tofu. I couldn't think of anything else to make with this but a stir-fry. This one was pretty similar to the last.

Just finely slice 1 onion, 2 carrots & 1 capsicum. Dice the tofu & fry in a little sesame oil with garlic, ginger & chilli until brown. Add the vegies, fry 2 minutes, then add soy sauce (about 1/4 cup), some vegetable stock (about 1/2 cup), a squeeze of sweet chilli sauce & about 1/2 TBS of lemon juice. Cook another few minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Mix through some noodles (or serve over rice - I really need to get a rice cooker so I don't keep eating everything with noodles!).

It's not a traditional stir-fry in any sense, but it's yummy & a pretty healthy meal for a Friday night; especially when all I feel like doing is collapsing in front of the TV with a pizza or something equally bad for me :-)

P.S. Look what we got at work yesterday - an orange with a little flag stuck in it saying 'Beat the cold this winter! Winter health tips are online now'. We all got one from the OHS committee - what a fantastic marketing idea, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment