Sunday, June 13, 2010

Junk Food & Stir-Fries


Well here I am already falling behind in my posts... Last week D & I made a quick dash into the city after I finished work (it was a late night for me). So, whenever we're in the city and it's dark, there's a rule that we must eat at Lord of the Fries. I won't go into detail about LOTF because so many others have already gone there before me. I wanted to try the chicken burger that I have read about on other veg blogs but when I asked they said they didn't have any chicken burgers - so maybe these were just a monthly special. No matter, I also wanted to try the onion rings that are another new addition to the menu. I can confirm - these are AWESOME! I had mine with vegan mayo - so crispy, so yummy!

D got his regular serve of nuggets with African sauce (the sauce can be made vegan by replacing the regular mayo with vegan mayo). The nuggets are always excellent, but you don't seem to get as many anymore.

We also got a regular burger each, and I have to say, we were both disappointed. I don't know what's happened but the burgers just aren't really up to scratch anymore. I'd have to say the same about the fries - the last couple of times I have tried them they have been soggy and not that great. I still love LOTF for that junk-food fix though.

The following night my body was screaming out for some vegetable goodness. I decided to use up some of my veg delivery from Tuesday in a stir-fry. I also had a box of Fry's Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips at the back of the freezer that I wanted to try. Here are some photos (no real recipe, I just throw in whatever I have on hand).

The chicken strips frying in the wok.

Vegetables frying in the wok - I used onion, carrot, capsicum, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, chilli, garlic & ginger.

Everything all mixed together - I used 2-minute noodles this time, but sometimes I'll use rice noodles. Add soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice & a small slurp of vegetable stock to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment