Sunday, June 27, 2010

Banana & Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

I slept in again today. D headed out early & when I finally decided to drag myself out of be & into the cold I decided to treat myself to a decadent Sunday breakfast. You see, D doesn't have much of a sweet tooth whereas mine is pretty much the dominant force in my life. I decided on these pancakes because they had 2 types of fruit & oats in them - so I could delude myself that it was actually a healthy breakfast - no guilt!

The recipe is from 1000 Vegan Recipes which I recently borrowed from the library (have I mentioned how much I love the Melbourne Library Service? If not, watch this space). In a truly evil twist the pancake recipe suggests serving them with blueberry sauce, which made them truly special. The pancakes were light with just a hint of banana & the occasional burst of warm blueberry. The blueberry sauce was divine - rich & smooth with a touch of tanginess from the lemon juice.

1 comment:

  1. These look fantastic - just my sort of brunch - and I am quite taken with blueberry sauce lately

    ReplyDelete