Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday Breakfast - Scrambed Tofu

D & I slept in on Saturday. I had planned to go for a run, but I mistakenly checked BOM (i-Phones are evil, way too easy to find out stuff), & decided that 6 degrees was just too cold. So I crawled back under the covers with my book (Book of Lost Threads - just brilliant, I highly recommend it, especially if you need a pick-me-up). When we surfaced a couple of hours later we were starving. Scrambled tofu always satisfies our cravings, and this version was no different.

Ingredients
  • 450g firm tofu, rinsed, pressed & crumbled
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 1 small onion, finely diced
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 2 stalks chard or spinach, finely chopped
  • 1 TBS tomato paste
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 3-4 TBS soy sauce
  • Pepper to taste
Fry the onion & garlic in a little olive oil 3 minutes. Add the carrot & fry a further 1 minute. Add the tofu, tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, soy sauce & pepper. Stir well, breaking up the tofu with the spoon, for 10 minutes. Add the peas & chard, stir another few minutes, until the chard has wilted & the peas are warmed through. Serve with toast or on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment