Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Organic veges and tacos

When I got home tonight my delivery of organic vegetables from Garden Organics was waiting for me.

I haven't gotten a box in a long time, but I'm feeling all motivated regarding food at the moment so thought it was time to start up the deliveries again. I've tried The Green Line in the past, but find Garden Organics a little better for quality. I also like the range of other organic groceries they have plus they do online payments - it's all so easy! This week the box had all the regular stuff - carrots, onions, potatoes, spinach, pumpkin, beans etc. There was also an avocado a couple of tomatoes.

The avocado & tomatoes made me feel like tacos. I love tacos - they feel like junk food but still healthy at the same time. Tonight I filled mine with my taco bean mix (see another made-up recipe below), sheeze, corn, avocado & tomato. Sometimes I add lettuce & I also really love tacos with creamed corn.

Taco Beans
  • Olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 capsicum, diced (optional)
  • 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 x 400g can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
  • 1/2 cup TVP, soaked 5mins in 1/2 cup water (optional)
  • Taco seasoning mix from this recipe (this is so good - I can't believe I used to buy this stuff!)
Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the onion & garlic, saute 5mins until softened. Add capsicum & cook 1min. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to a simmer & cook 10mins, until some of the liquid has evaporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment