Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baked Pumpkin Risotto

On Friday night I skipped the gym (& I'm still feeling guilty!), but because I got home earlier, I could actually cook a real meal on a weeknight for a change. I was cold and tired so chose something easy - a baked risotto. I had half a jap pumpkin & some chard in the fridge from the vegetable delivery, so I just added some onion & was good to go!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
  • 400g pumpkin, diced
  • 4-5 stalks chard, chopped
  • 30g Nuttelex
  • 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast flakes
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 190. Mix all the ingredients well in an oven-proof casserole dish. Bake 40 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked through.

This risotto isn't the most amazing I've ever eaten but it is tasty, healthy & quick. Plus it's a one-pot wonder and extremely satisfying on a cold winter night.

2 comments:

  1. I read this post yesterday and then my husband happened to come home with the perfect sized piece of pumpkin so we had it for dinner last nite (with spinach instead of chard cuz that's what we had on hand). sooooo good (and super easy). i think it might end up being a regular meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS good isn't it. I love that you can substitute all kinds of veges too - sometimes I throw in zucchini & peas, or you can use tomatoes & beans, very versatile!

    ReplyDelete