Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rice & Bean Wraps

I'm finally up to date - Sunday night dinner! In the vegetable delivery we got a bag of salad leaves. Given the cold weather I had been wracking my brain trying to think of a good way to serve a salad that wouldn't leave us shivering.

D & I visited USA Foods a few weeks ago, mainly because I wanted to get some liquid smoke. While we were there we picked up a few other random American goodies, one of which was a box of Zatarain's New Orleans style Black-Eyed Peas & Rice. I thought the rice would go quite well with the salad leaves in a wrap. So I headed off to IGA & picked up a packet of Corn Mountain Bread. I like the Mountain Bread range & tend to use these whenever I need any kind of of flatbread.

I added some corn & sheeze & toasted the wraps in our sandwich press. The rice mix tasted OK, there was a fairly strong soy sauce flavour & the rice was nice & tender. I probably won't buy it again, it's one of those products with a scarily-long list of ingredients which I will never quite trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment