Friday, October 8, 2010

Volunteering

I need some help again!

I'm thinking about giving up some more of my (already quite stretched) time by doing some non-professional volunteering. I already work 2 jobs & volunteer on two committees for my professional association, but I feel like I'd to do something more personal. I'm still not sure I'll be able to manage it, but the thought is growing.

I'm trying to decide between Friends of the Earth (Melbourne) & Vegetarian Victoria. Does anyone have experience working or volunteering with either organisation & can you offer any advice? I'm completely open to your sales pitches :-)

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I volunteer at FoE on Saturdays in the bookshop and the kitchen. It is lots of fun! They feed me vegan food, and I meet lots of people. Would you be looking to volunteer in the bookshop/kitchen, or would you be looking to volunteer with the campaigns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph,
    That sounds great. I'd probably be looking to volunteer in the bookshop/kitchen - as a librarian with tons of retail experience it's where my natural skills lie. My research skills might be useful in campaigns as well I guess. I can only commit to about 1 day a month - I might contact them & see if that's useful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete