Sunday, August 29, 2010

Body Fuel in sunny NSW

I flew into Newcastle yesterday morning to spend the weekend with my family on the Central Coast & it's so sunny & beautiful here! I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm in Melbourne for the culture, food, shopping etc etc... I'm sure if I repeat it like a mantra it will sink in eventually.

We had lunch yesterday at Body Fuel in Terrigal. I used to visit the Gosford cafe regularly when I worked there because the staff are so friendly, there are a couple of vegan items on the menu & the coffee is about as good as you can get in Gosford. Since then they have opened cafes in Terrigal & Tuggerah. The Terrigal cafe is right around the corner from my old house - I so wish it had been there a few years ago! It's in a beautiful sunny spot one block up the hill from the beach, capturing the sea breeze perfectly.

Yesterday I went with my old regular Body Fuel dish - Veg Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls. This comes with a mix of (vegan) salads, soy mayonnaise & a sweet chilli-based sauce for the rolls. I was so hungry I ate it all before I remembered to take a photo :-( They also have a juice-bar & can do dairy-free smoothies. You can make other items on the menu vegan too - just talk to the super-friendly staff.

Here's a photo of Terrigal (taken just over the road from the cafe). It doesn't really do it justice, but you can see the lovely Norfolk Island Pines that line the beach (plus the unfortunate monstrosity that is the Crowne Plaza hotel on the corner).

Body Fuel
2/12 Kurrawyba Ave, Terrigal
7 days, 6am-4pm
www.bodyfuel.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment