Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mmmm... hot pies and sauce

I went for a 30km ride yesterday, and I haven't done a long ride in ages... afterwards I was so tired I knew I needed something easy but also filling & full of protein for dinner. I wanted to make these, but I used the last of my TVP on Saturday night in a Shepherd's Pie.

Then I happily remembered that I had bought a can of Sanitarium mince a while ago - so I could make Carla's pies instead! These are awesome - super easy & best of all, there's no crazy ingredients (as long as you've got the mince - but you can buy it when you remember & then keep it in the cupboard for months).

I made up a 1/2 batch of the filling, because I used my pie-maker to make individual pies, rather than one big one. This was enough for 6 overflowing pies - the mix could have easily stretched to fill 8.

How good do they look!

5 comments:

  1. oh my god they look AMAZINg.. I've resisted SO LONG on buying a pie maker but I think I have to get one.. next winter..

    yes more pie in your life is ALWAYS GOOD :d

    and thanks for the 'no crazy ingredients' props... its my mission statement for the blog, simple food with easily accessible ingredients..

    thanks for the props! cheers Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy of WellingtoniaAugust 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM

    That's it. I'm having a pie n sauce for lunch. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose I can twist your arm to make it a vegan pie can I Andy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful! I really should have bought a pie maker when Aldi had them super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my pie-maker - can highly recommend them. They make it so easy & you can also use them to make muffins & cakes (I haven't got around to that yet, but there's a couple of veganisable recipes in the book that came with it).

    ReplyDelete