Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Corn & Pea Turnovers

This is a simple recipe I made earlier in the week - it's not all that exciting, but I pretty much love anything made with pastry, so I was still very happy :-) I can't remember where the recipe came from - possibly a magazine...

Corn & Pea Turnovers
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tomato, finely chopped
  • 200g mixed frozen corn & peas
  • 1/2 cup hommus
  • 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
Preheat the oven to 200C & line a baking sheet. Heat a little oil in a frypan & cook the onion & garlic for a few minutes until softened. Add the tomato & cook 1min. Add the corns & peas & stir until just thawed. Remove from the heat & set aside.

Cut the pastry sheets into 4 squares. Spread each square with a little hommus in the middle, then pile some of the corn/pea mix on top. Fold 2 opposite corners of the square together & squeeze to seal, then repeat with the remaining 2 sides. Squeeze along the sides to seal. Bake 15-20mins until golden brown.As you can see, some of mine came apart because I tried to put too much filling in them. I'd also recommend using a small onion as I used a large one & it was a little too much. Feel free to add herbs & spices too - salt, pepper obviously, or a little cumin, coriander or even curry powder would work nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment