Sunday, September 12, 2010

A delicious pumpkin curry

I figured I may as well go for the trifecta with my new favourite cookbook - The Vegan Table. I had a pumpkin to use, so I flicked to the index & the first thing I saw was the Pumpkin Curry - perfect! This is basically a pumpkin dhal & it's delicious! The ginger adds a lovely freshness while the coconut gives it a slight sweetness. It would be perfect with some fresh coriander, so I'm looking forward to trying it again in the warmer weather when I'll have some on hand.D doesn't like pumpkin & hates rice, so I compromised & we got a couple of naan breads from our local Indian takeaway to scoop up the curry.And here's a random photo of my breakfast this morning - a cheezly & tomato toastie with wholegrain mustard - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment