Saturday, September 11, 2010

Creamy polenta

For my birthday I got a cookbook from my favourite cookbook author Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Her (relatively) new book is The Vegan Table, and the recipes in this are just as simple & yummy as in her previous effort, The Joy of Vegan Baking. The only thing I don't like about it is the structure - it's organised into seasonal dinner party menus, rather than by type. This makes it hard to quickly flick through if you're just trying to find a recipe for a soup or a main course.

Anyway, after reading this post earlier in the week I decided the Creamy Polenta & Mushrooms dish would be the perfect way to use up the rest of the mushrooms in my fridge.It didn't disappoint. I substituted a couple of things (I didn't have any balsamic vinegar, so used a tiny bit of cider vinegar and I also used rosemary instead of the other herbs listed in the recipe). As the Veganator pointed out, you need to work quickly with this one to prevent the polenta getting too gluggy, but all that means is that you will get to enjoy your dinner that much sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment