Monday, November 15, 2010

A bucket of hommus!

That's right, no need to adjust your computer screens. That really is a 1kg bucket of hommus! Now, I'm sure it's been possible to bulk purchase hommus for decades, but I've never seen it, so bear with me through this period of excitement.Last week was not a particularly foodie week for me - I was just too tired from too much work. I was wandering the aisles of the local supermarket, looking for something easy & snack-like for dinner when I saw the bucket - I knew I had to have it. It's Yumi's brand, which I really like anyway, and it was really cheap - only about $6-7 from memory.I teamed the bucket up with a more suitably sized Spicy Pumpkin Dip (love this one!) & some toasted turkish bread for the laziest dinner I know how to prepare. At least it was a little bit healthy.

And I promise that most of the bucket is still in the fridge - it's got a January use-by-date - and I think I'll probably need that long to get through it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That is just... epic. Love it! I'd be helpless before something combining novelty value with tastiness like that too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very special Hannah... though I feel so silly every time I get it out of the fridge - it's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG which supermarket?! I always wish they had a bigger hummus than the piddling little ones I see at my local Coles... And yes the pumpkin one is delicious and the only other naturally vegan dip I've seen from normal supermarkets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a beautiful thing. just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Kate - just realised you asked me a question! It's from Coles Yarraville, so possibly available at other Coles as well.

    ReplyDelete