Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mix & Match Potato Salad


I really felt like potato salad on Sunday night but I didn't have the right ingredients for any of my recipes. So, I decided to piece something together using inspiration from all of them. Luckily I succeeded & the result was this delicious & filling dinner.Mix & Match Potato Salad
  • 1kg kipfler potatoes, peeled & chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 TBS semi or sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
  • 2 TBS capers
  • 1/3 cup macadamias, roasted & chopped roughly
  • 1 cup mixed frozen corn & peas, thawed
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 TBS lemon juice
  • 1 finely chopped scallion (I didn't have one, so added a dash of onion powder)
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Cook the diced potatoes boiling, salted water until just tender, about 10-15min. Drain well. Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl & toss gently (I used my hands to make sure I didn't break up the potato).

To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil,lemon juice, scallion/onion powder & salt/pepper really well until it becomes thick. Pour over the salad just before serving & mix gently.

I actually served this salad warm because, as usual, I'd left making dinner too late & was hungry & impatient. I think it was really lovely warm, but I'm sure it would make a nice cold salad too.

In hindsight, I could have left the corn/peas out, but please don't leave out the macadamias - they give such a lovely texture & really made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment