Monday, November 22, 2010

Scrambled Tofu take 2

It's been while since I made the old favourite so I decided that Sunday breakfast was the time to resurrect it. It was pretty similar to this version.In there was half a sliced red capsicum, a finely diced tomato, one grated carrot, one finely diced celery stick and about 1 1/2 cups of quartered button mushrooms. One of the reasons I loved scrambled tofu so much is the way you can just throw in whatever veg you have in the fridge - I probably got my entire day's servings in one meal! And, I don't have kids, but I get the feeling it would be a great way to trick them into eating their vegetables.

The spice mix was a bit of everything thrown in - 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp dry basil, 1 tsp ground coriander, a splash of liquid smoke & about 2-3 TBS of tamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment