Friday, November 12, 2010

A frozen burger


I know I missed posting yesterday, and it was for the same reason that I made this cop-out dinner last night. In one word - work. It's tiring me out & there's no sign of things slowing down soon - I'm exhausted!This is a Sanitarium Not Burger, which went through a period of not being vegan due to egg white in the mix, but are OK again now. I actually quite like these - they have a pleasant flavour & a nice crispy coating. They're also cheaper than many other brands(& are actually the only brand available in my local supermarket).

Simply served on a wholemeal grain roll with tomato, lettuce, wholegrain mustard & tomato sauce - a very satisfying meal. I still feel like a cop-out though, knowing how easy it is to make home-made burger patties. These ones from K & Toby look particularly good.

2 comments:

  1. I love not burgers was so sad when they weren't vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very sad period K. I'll never understand Sanitarium's decision to include egg white in so many of their products...

    ReplyDelete