Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why horse racing is bad


It's the 2nd day of Vegan MoFo & I have a couple of foodie posts ready to go, but since today is the Melbourne Cup, I thought it would be more appropriate to comment on the tragedy of this so-called 'sport'.

I'm actually just going to share some information from Animals Australia since they have already said everything I wanted to say.

Firstly, I love this poster they have made - it made me smile & really goes to the heart of how I feel.Image from Animals Australia - Say 'Nup' to Melbourne Cup.

For a more serious message please watch this video to learn the truth about this horrific industry.

You can read more about this issue here.

And if you have any feelings left whatsoever, please join me in boycotting the 'Race that Stops a Nation' - this year - and every year to come. Sign the Pledge and make it real.

4 comments:

  1. Great post and I also love that Animals Australia poster. Each year I hope more and more people realise what they're supporting and stop doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat on the poster should be on catsthatlooklikehitler.com. I do think horse racing is terrible. My bf has hosted his company holiday party at the racetrack for many years. I've gone to the track with him maybe half a dozen times and in just those few visits I've seen two horses get injured and have to be put down. It's very upsetting, and of course those are just the horses that you SEE. This year though, he's letting me cater a VEGAN party at his offices instead. Woohoo! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very upsetting sport. Well done on changing your boyfriends mind though - good luck with the vegan party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poster!!!!

    ReplyDelete